Friday, January 2, 2009

Our New Adventure

Well, we have successfully started our newest adventure in life. Justin got a job in Nezperce, Idaho and so we have moved! My parents came up with us with their horse-trailer, and it was loaded to the top. We stopped in Boise and stayed at April's on Wednesday night and then left at 8 am on Thursday and drove until about 2:30. The roads were awful and scary. I was in my car by myself and it got a little lonely. I don't like driving on slick roads anywhere, let alone, on the side of a mountain on a steep hill. Anyway, my mom and I were trying to organize stuff as the guys were bringing it into the apartment. Our apartment is in an old motel. It's pretty much just 3 rooms combined to be 1 big apartment. It's really different coming to this from a house. We didn't have enough room in out apartment, and so we had to take some stuff to a storage unit. Justin starts his job on Monday and so that will be interesting. I'm going to try and find me a job ASAP!! I can't sit around here all day!

Well, a little about Nezperce. It has about 500 people. It's in the middle of nowhere, but yet has a John Deere and a Case dealership in town. Everybody is a little redneck. You have to go through all these different canyons to get here, and then all of a sudden, you see some huge grain elevators and that's us. Grangeville is about 30 miles from here and Lewiston is about 45 miles. Lewiston has a Wal-Mart, so we all know that I'm going to get used to driving that road!

2 comments:

  1. I love it here!!!!! I miss my family, but this a great place to be now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you have a great adventure, and remember that we all miss you back home.

    ReplyDelete