As I sit here at work, my mind keeps running through all of the things that I have been given in my life. Yes, not all of the things I received were what I wanted, but it always worked out. If I asked Heavenly Father for something and I didn't get the answer I wanted, I was always upset, until I realized that he knows what is better for me. "What I Need" is a song by Michael McLean and I can't help but think of it as I think of all the blessings I have been given. Here are the lyrics so you can read them and hopefully reflect on all the blessings you have been give because you "need" them:
"What I Need"
All I ever wanted
All I ever dreamed of
Everything I hoped
And all the things I prayed for
Couldn't hold a candle
To what I've been given
I've been given what I need
A mansion on a hill
Or love like in the movies
Perfect little dreams
Where no one has a problem
Instead of all those things
I thought I really wanted
I've been given what I need
Even when I didn't understand
When I thought you had no heart
Thank you for rejecting my demands
And always giving me the better part
No comments:
Post a Comment