This past week has been full of surprises. It all started last Tuesday when my dad called me and let me know about his new church calling to be the bishop of the Downey 2nd ward. I was really sad that I wasn't going to be able to be there on Sunday when he got set apart. I knew that deep down it would be ok if I wasn't there, as long as I was there to support him throughout his calling. Wednesday after work, Justin and I were picking up leaves in our yard when we decided to go for a short ride and got talking about the Thanksgiving weekend. I told him (probably for the 3rd time) that I didn't have to work on Friday but I was getting paid for it. He decided to send me down to my family and surprise them for Thanksgiving and then I would be there for my dad on Sunday. Well, Thursday morning at 2:30 AM I started on the road to Downey. In the meantime, I was so excited, mainly because I was going to surprise all of my family. They all thought that I was staying home and going to some of our friends house. At about 12:15 I pulled into Downey. I didn't want to park my car in front of my parents house because I wanted to knock on the door and surprise them. I ended up parking down the road a little bit and walking to their house. I knocked on the door and I could hear all the kids inside the house screaming and having a good time. It took a long time for anybody to come to the door, but when somebody did, it was my mom! "HAPPY TURKEY DAY!" I yelled when she opened the door. If anybody has watched Extreme Makeover:Home Edition, my mom looked just like the people do when they see the house for the first time. She was speechless!! My sisters all just sat there in amazement! All of the kids were so happy and so was I. My dad was asleep on his bed and so I ran back there to surprise him. He just had this crazy look in his eye like he was still dreaming. It was so fun.
The rest of the weekend was good. We went to "The Forgotten Carols" in Idaho Falls on Friday night and it was amazing. I don't even remember how many times I've seen it, but it gets better every year. Saturday we just cleaned the house because all of my dads family was coming over for dinner on Sunday. Sunday after my dad had been set-apart as Bishop, we all went and ate then then I drove home. It was a short weekend full of adventure. The house was crazy and full of giggles all at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment