Friday, February 26, 2010

Trials

Do you ever wonder why you have so many trials? I do. I was just talking to a lady who is having some major trials in her life. Her son has a terminal illness and is not doing well. It seems like she has had a lot of trials in her life. Then I look at my life; I know I'm only 23, but it seems like Justin and I have had some trials. I'm sure they are small compared to some people. I've not lost a husband, parent, sibling, or child. I've not been divorced. Haven't had any life-threatening illnesses among us. Yet, I still find myself looking at my life and wondering why it is so hard? Talking to this sweet lady made me realize how small my trials were. I'm sure that they are just preparing me for trials to come. It seems like some people have so many hard trials and others have small trials, but yet they are equally suffering. If I were to lose someone so close to me, I don't know if I would be able to continue on. I'm sure that I would. I just look at people who have lost their husbands and wonder how they go on. I know that trials are just a test of our faith, but why do we have to have so many? This sweet lady has lost 2 husbands and I can't even fathom losing Justin! It would be the hardest thing in my life. Losing my grandmother was hard enough. I can't even imagine losing a parent, yet alone a child. You aren't supposed to bury your own children! Isn't that what every parent thinks?

I look at my cousin's wife whose brother has had a life changing accident. Losing your eyesight? I can't even imagine. I try to type with my eyes closed and get disoriented. I look at Michael's blog every day to see his progress. I don't know him personally, yet I feel like I do. His story is amazing. If you get a chance, look at his blog.

If anybody can answer why we have so many trials...that would be great. Why do some people have large trials while some have small trials?

No comments:

Post a Comment